Monday, March 28, 2011

Introduction and my skincare routine

Hey y'all, this will be my beauty/fashion/random rants&loving blog. I decided to start with the most basic topic- my skincare routine. Something I do every morning and every night. So! Here we go.


Makeup removers is a first! I use Shiseido's eye and lip makeup remover. I actually received this as a sample and haven't tried any other eye makeup remover yet so I don't have anything to compare this to. BUT it works well and does it's job. It's super gentle too and doesn't irritate my eyes. The MICAbella cleanser was an impulse buy. I don't particularity love it but it does its job and gets rid of my makeup.


I use two different cleansers. I use the Kiehl's cleanser in the morning. I really like this one because its so gentle and moistures my skin while getting rid of excess oil. This is especially great because my skin is a combination of oily, dry and sensitive skin. Harsh cleansers ruin my skin and with this cleanser I can wash my face 2348329 times a day without it getting dry. I think it's because the cleanser is cream based so it's basically like washing your face with lotion but not really. LOL. Anyways, I use the Loreal cleanser in the night to take off my makeup. I like this cleanser especially because it comes with the exfoliater which guarantees I'm getting all of my makeup off. My face feels squeaky clean afterwards~


I use Murad's clarifying toner. It's okay. I bought it because of the great reviews on Sephora.com but I don't really see a difference in pore size. I used Shiseido's pureness cleanser before Murad's and I think I'll go back to Shiseido after this because the Murad toner stings when I apply it and that's a no-no for me. As for moisturizer, I received samples of Bare Minerals's new line of products. I really like their moisturizer! It's not oily at all but it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth! I will purchase their full product when I run out. Hook, line and sinker. LOL. Before using this sample moisturizer, I've been using Kiehl's Ultra face cream. I love this product. I cannot say how much it helped my skin return to normal. Winter was harsh on my skin and I began flaking no matter how much I moisturized my face. The face cream worked wonders and I recommend this to anyone suffering from dry skin. My skin returned to normal so I've stopped using the cream but I do slather it on occasionally when my skin needs it.


Last step, my Rareminerals night treatment and blemish therapy. I seem like such an avid Bare Minerals fan, I use many of their products in my routine. Lol. Anyways, I love my rare minerals night treatment. It really controls my oil during the night so when I wake up I look fresh and clean! Also, I had large pores around my nose area and I can barely see them anymore! I'm so glad I bought this during their sale, otherwise I would have never tried it ($60 eekk). It really is a must in my skincare routine. Also, I use the Rare Minerals blemish therapy when I see a stray pimple on my face especially before my period. I just put the powder on the pimple and the next morning, it's almost gone! I use it on the pimple for two nights and viola~ skin is back to normal.

That's my skincare routine! Maybe next post will be on skin treatment/masks/scrubs I use. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment